At Windmill Lodges we are committed to providing good quality service whilst actively reducing our environmental impact.
Some ways in which we are currently achieving this are:-
- Our lodges are built from wood from sustainable resources – wood is an incredibly good insulator and its natural thermal insulation provides all year round comfort – warm in winter, cool in summer.
- All windows are double glazed
- All curtains are fully lined to prevent heat loss.
- Showers are provided to use instead of baths as a water saving option.
- Recycling of glass, paper, cardboard and cans through our on site recycling bins and bottle bank.
- We use environmental friendly cleaning products where possible.
- Our welcome pack consists of where possible Fairtrade tea, coffee and sugar, eco friendly washing up liquid and hand soap, recycled paper toilet rolls and kitchen rolls.
- We bulk buy and refill whenever possible to reduce packaging waste.
- We have installed energy saving light bulbs wherever appropriate.
- When replacing white goods, we are doing so with energy efficient products.
- We actively encourage guests to switch off electrical appliances and not to leave on stand by.
- Wind up torches are provided.
- We provide public transport timetables and a local footpath map.
- We provide online booking with email notification to reduce paper.
- We use email whenever possible and appropriate to reduce paper.
- We double sided print whenever possible
- We use solid ink cartridges, as they produce the least amount of waste
- We have taken the difficult decision to close our swimming pool during the winter months to reduce our carbon footprint.
We are constantly seeking new ways in which we can reduce our impact on our environment without forsaking the comfort and enjoyment of our guests.