Windmill Lodges is a small development of Luxury Log cabins set around a small lake in the heart of rural Suffolk. We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors and have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, however if you do have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you & helping you make the most of your stay.
- Our website www.windmilllodges.co.uk provides comprehensive information and the facility to book online.
- Bookings/enquires can be made by telephone, email or via our website. Office hours are Monday & Friday 9am to 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am to 12 noon.
- This access statement is available on our website & in the welcome pack in each of our log cabins.
- We do not accommodate pets.
- We are located on the A1120 (Tourist Route) in Saxtead. A car is recommended to fully enjoy the surrounding area.
- Nearest town is Framlingham which is situated 2 miles away. This has a range of shops including a supermarket, chemist, bank, newsagent, butcher, bakery and delicatessen.
- Nearest railway station is Saxmundham (10 miles) where trains run to Ipswich and London Liverpool Street.
- Nearest bus stop is Framlingham (2 miles). Bus routes run to Diss and Ipswich. There is a bus stop in Saxtead, however the bus only stops there occasionally.
- Taxis are available locally and we can make necessary bookings.
- The nearest Shopmobility Scheme is in Ipswich (17 miles).
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in Crown & Anchor Lane, Framlingham.
- Short term loan of medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walking frames etc is available from British Red Cross. The nearest centre is located in Ipswich (16 miles).
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The reception area has parking for several cars.
- The road surface within the Windmill Lodges holiday site is mainly gravel.
- There is parking for 2 cars beside each lodge. These are allocated spaces for use by occupants of the lodge only.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Access to reception is by a small step onto a decked area. The flooring area within the Reception is tiled.
- Car Parking is available outside the reception area.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- We have an indoor swimming pool that is accessed via 2 small steps. Access to the pool is by a Step ladder.
- Please also refer to Public areas WC & Laundry
Public Areas – WC
There is a public WC and shower located in a separate building next to the swimming pool. Access to the building is via 2 small steps.
Restaurant/ Dining Room, Bar, Lounges, Take Away & Café
- A laundry room is located next to the swimming pool. It has a front loading standard size washing machine and separate tumble dryer. These are coin operated. Access to the laundry room is via two small steps.
- We do not have a shop onsite. Framlingham (2 miles) has a range of shops.
- Our lodges are self catering and we accept online grocery deliveries. All major supermarkets will deliver to your lodge. Please call to discuss delivery arrangements.
- There is an indoor swimming pool on site. Access to the pool area is via two small steps. The swimming pool is only to be used during times displayed at the entrance to the pool and is closed from the end of October to Easter. All children under the age of 16 must be supervised.
- An outdoor hot tub is situated next to each lodge. Access to the hot tub is via wooden steps.
- There is a lake on site which covers approximately half an acre.
- Each lodge has its own barbeque stand for disposable barbeques on the decking area (available Easter to October). Outdoor seating and dining furniture is also located on the decking area of each lodge.
- Kingfisher has a gas barbecue and the outdoor seating & dining furniture is on a paved patio area.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- There are the following 4* Lodges:- One Bedroom – Chaffinch, Two Bedroom – Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Wagtail, Woodpecker, Three Bedroom Lodge – Greenfinch. The main bedroom in Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Wagtail & Woodpecker (2 bedroom lodges) has a four poster double bed (standard size) and all other bedrooms have twin beds. Goldfinch lodge has zip and link beds in the second bedroom that can be arranged as a king size bed (upon request).There is also an occasional use bed available (at additional cost) in these lodges. Chaffinch (one bedroom lodge) has a king size leather sleigh bed and the option of an occasional use bed is available (at additional cost) for a child up to the age of 11.
- There is a 5* Two bedroom lodge (Kingfisher). This has a king size wooden sleigh bed in the master bedroom and a standard size double bed in the second bedroom. The option of an occasional use bed is available (at additional cost) for a child up to the age of 11.
- Kingfisher has an infra red sauna.
- Lighting in the bedroom areas are a main ceiling lights and bedside lamps.
- The floor surface in the bedroom is a wooden floor for all lodges except Chaffinch, Woodpecker, Wagtail & Kingfisher. These lodges have carpet in the bedrooms.
Bathroom, Shower Room & WC (En-suite or Shared)
- Each bathroom and en-suite has a standard height toilet, and washbasin.
- Details of baths and showers for each lodge:- Chaffinch – double ended bath & separate shower cubicle. Woodpecker & Wagtail – bath with shower over & shower screen and separate standard size shower cubicle. Bullfinch – 2 baths with shower over and curved shower screens. Goldfinch – 2 baths with shower over and shower screen. Greenfinch – 2 baths with shower over and shower screen. Kingfisher – corner bath & double size separate shower cubicle.
- The bathroom floor surface in Woodpecker and Wagtail is lino and Kingfisher has ceramic tiles. All the other lodges have wooden floors in the bathrooms.
- Lighting in the bathrooms is overhead.
Self Catering Kitchen
- The kitchen in each lodge (except Kingfisher) is open plan in design with standard size appliances. Each kitchen has a gas hob, oven, dishwasher, fridge & microwave. Greenfinch has a fridge freezer.
- Kingfisher lodge has a gas range cooker, microwave, built in washer dryer, fridge freezer, dishwasher and breadmaker.
- The floor surface in the kitchen area is wooden for all lodges except Kingfisher which is ceramic tiles.
- Lighting in the kitchen is all overhead spot lights. Woodpecker and Kingfisher also have under unit lights.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
- Each Lodge has its name displayed outside.
- Access to each of our lodges is via one step. The decking area outside the lodge can be slippery in wet weather. You will be required to step over half a log to gain access via the front door.
- Woodpecker, Wagtail and Kingfisher lodges also have ramps for access, however access to Woodpecker and Wagtail lodges is via a step over the threshold.
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats – Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions ( Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- There are many attractions in Suffolk, each offering varying levels of accessibility.
- Leaflets of attractions are located in each lodge and our tourist information area. If you need further information or wish to book any tickets then please contact reception who will be pleased to assist you.
Grounds and Gardens
- Our grounds are reasonably level and mainly grass. There is a gravel road which leads onto a gravel path to each lodge.
- All our lodges are non smoking
- Mobile telephone reception is reasonable in the area although networks do vary.
- All lodges have under floor heating.
- Wifi access is offered in all our lodges at no additional charge, however due to the nature of our conection and our locality the signal may be weak at times particularly in poor weather.
Address: Windmill Lodges, Red House Farm, Saxtead, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP13 9RD
Telephone: (01728) 685338
Reception Hours: Monday & Friday 9am to 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 12 noon. Emergency number available outside of these times.
Framlingham Medical Centre: 01728 723627
Ipswich Hospital: (Hospital Switchboard – 01473 712233) or (Emergency Department – 01473 702033)
Police (non emergency): 101