Windmill Lodges is a small development of Luxury Log cabins
set around a small fishing lake in the heart of rural Suffolk.
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors and have tried
to provide as much information as possible in this statement,
however if you do have any questions then please do not hesitate
to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you & helping
you make the most of your stay.
- Our website www.windmilllodges.co.uk provides
comprehensive information and the facility to book online.
- Bookings/enquires can be made by telephone, fax, email
or via our website. Office hours are Monday & Friday 9am to 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am to 12pm.
- This access statement is available on our website & in
the welcome pack in each of our log cabins.
- We do not accommodate pets.
- We are located on the A1120 (Tourist Route) in Saxtead.
A car is recommended to fully enjoy the surrounding area.
- Nearest town is Framlingham which is situated 2 miles away.
This has a range of shops including a supermarket, chemist,
bank, newsagent, butcher, bakery and delicatessen.
- Nearest railway station is Saxmundham (10 miles) where
trains run to Ipswich and London Liverpool Street.
- Nearest bus stop is Framlingham (2 miles). Bus routes run
to Diss and Ipswich. There is a bus stop in Saxtead, however the bus only stops there occasionally.
- Taxis are available locally and we can make necessary bookings.
- The nearest Shopmobility Scheme is in Ipswich (17 miles).
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in Crown & Anchor Lane,
- Short term loan of medical equipment such as wheelchairs,
walking frames etc is available from British Red Cross. The
nearest centre is located in Woodbridge (15 miles).
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The reception area has parking for several cars.
- The road surface within the Windmill Lodges holiday site
is mainly gravel.
- There is parking for 2 cars beside each lodge. These are
allocated spaces for use by occupants of the lodge only.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Access to reception is by a small step onto a decked
area. The flooring area within the Reception is tiled.
- Car Parking is available outside the reception area.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- We have an indoor swimming pool that is accessed via 2
small steps. Access to the pool is by a Step ladder.
- Please also refer to Public areas WC & Laundry
Public Areas – WC
There is a public WC and shower located in a separate building
next to the swimming pool. Access to the building is via
2 small steps.
Restaurant/ Dining Room, Bar, Lounges, Take Away & Café
- A laundry room is located next to the swimming pool. It
has a front loading standard size washing machine
and separate tumble dryer. These are coin operated. Access
to the laundry room is via two small steps.
- We do not have a shop onsite. Framlingham (2 miles) has
a range of shops.
- Our lodges are self catering and we do accept online grocery deliveries. Most major supermarkets will deliver to your lodge. Please call to discuss
- There is an indoor swimming pool on site. Access to the
pool area is via two small steps. The swimming pool is closed November to Easter. The swimming pool is only to be used during times displayed at the entrance to the pool.
- An outdoor hot tub is situated next to each lodge. Access
to the hot tub is via wooden steps.
- There is a Fishing lake on site which covers approximately
half an acre with a depth of up to 4 feet. It is stocked
with Carp and Tench.
- Each lodge has its own charcoal barbeque on the decking area (available Easter to October) and
outdoor seating and dining furniture is also located on the
decking area of each lodge.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- There are the following 4* Lodges:- One Bedroom - Chaffinch, Two Bedroom - Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Wagtail, Woodpecker
Three Bedroom Lodge - Greenfinch. The main bedroom in Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Wagtail & Woodpecker (2 bedroom lodges)
has a four poster double bed (standard size) and all other bedrooms have twin beds. There is also a sofa bed available
at additional cost) in these lodges. Chaffinch (one bedroom lodge) has a king size leather sleigh bed. No sofa bed is
available in Chaffinch lodge. The option of a fold up bed is available (at additional cost) for children up to the age of 11.
- There is a 5* Two bedroom adult only lodge (Kingfisher). This has a king size wooden sleigh bed in the master bedroom and a standard size double bed in the second bedroom.
- Lighting in the bedroom area is a main ceiling light and bedside lamps.
- The floor surface in the bedroom is a wooden floor for all lodges except Woodpecker, Wagtail & Kingfisher. These lodges have carpet in the bedrooms.
Bathroom, Shower Room & WC (En-suite or Shared)
- Each bathroom and en-suite has a standard height toilet,
- Details of baths and showers for each lodge:- Chaffinch - double ended bath & separate shower cubicle. Woodpecker & Wagtail - bath with shower over & shower screen and separate standard size shower cubicle. Bullfinch - 2 baths with shower over and curved shower screens. Goldfinch - 2 baths with shower over and shower curtains. Greenfinch - 2 baths with shower over and shower curtains. Kingfisher - corner bath & double size separate shower cubicle.
- The floor surface in the bathrooms is lino in woodpecker
and Wagtail and Kingfisher has ceramic tiles. All the other lodges have wooden floors in the bathrooms.
- Lighting in the bathrooms is overhead.
Self Catering Kitchen
- The kitchen in each lodge (except Kingfisher) is open plan in design with standard
size appliances. Each kitchen has a Gas hob, oven, dishwasher,
fridge & microwave.
- Kingfisher lodge has a gas range cooker, microwave, built in washer dryer, fridge freezer, dishwasher and breadmaker.
- The floor surface in the kitchen area is wooden for all lodges except Kingfisher which is ceramic tiles.
- Lighting in the kitchen is all overhead spot lights. Woodpecker, Wagtail and Kingfisher also have under unit Lights.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
- Each Lodge has its name displayed outside.
- Access to each of our lodges is via one step. The decking
area outside the lodge can be slippery in wet weather.
You will be required to step over half a log to gain access
via the front door.
- Woodpecker, Wagtail and Kingfisher lodges also have ramps for access,
however access to Woodpecker and Wagtail lodges is via a step over the
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats – Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions ( Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- There are many attractions in Suffolk, each offering varying
levels of accessibility.
- Leaflets of attractions are located in each lodge and our tourist information
area. If you need further information or wish to book any
tickets then please contact reception who will be pleased
to assist you.
Grounds and Gardens
- Our grounds are reasonably level and mainly grass. There
is a gravel road which leads onto a gravel path to each lodge.
- All our lodges are non smoking
- Mobile telephone reception is reasonable in the area although
networks do vary.
- Cleaning of lodges is carried out with Eco Friendly products where possible.
- All lodges have under floor heating.
- Wifi access is offered in all our lodges at no additional charge, however due to the nature of our conection and our locality the signal may be weak at times particularly in poor weather.
- Address: Windmill Lodges, Red
House Farm, Saxtead, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP13 9RD
- Telephone: (01728) 685338
- Fax: (01728)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.windmilllodges.co.uk
- Reception Hours: Monday & Friday 9am to 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 12pm.
Emergency number available
outside of these times.
- Emergency Numbers:
Medical Centre: 01728 723627
(non emergency): 01473 613500 or 101